During Ubisoft’s E3 press conference, they showcased an all new IP entitled For Honor and we now have a glimpse of what the boxart will look like. Take a look at the image above as it seems like the official boxart for the game. For Honor impressed E3 show-goers with its unique gameplay and crazy battles. I wasn’t too sure but I am not going to cast judgement until I get my hands on this one myself.
Shovel Knight, the indie stand out title from last year, is now officially headed to retail according to the development team at Yacht Club games. Here are all the juicy details for the game:
North America: October 13, 2015
Europe: October 16th, 2015
Available on Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, (PC – Europe only)
Pre-Orders should be live at your favorite retailer: Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop, Amazon…you name it! To make as big of a splash as possible, and to let retailers know that they need to stock up, you should definitely pre-order now!! We’d consider it a huge personal favor; thanks in advance!
What’s in the box?!
The physical version of Shovel Knight contains everything we’ve released so far. First, there is the original Shovel Knight campaign with all the content you know and love! Also included is Shovel Knight’s first content update: Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Finally, there’s a full-featured Challenge mode with more than 50 crazy challenge levels to explore!
Of course, like the digital version, every boxed version will also receive FREE future updates as they become available:
Specter Knight’s Campaign – A full campaign starring the shadowy scythe spinner!
King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (Wii U/PS4/XB1/PC exclusive)
Body Swap Mode – Did you ever wish Shovel Knight was a lady, or Shield Knight was a dude? Well, now you’ll be able to change them all around, along with the rest of the cast!
Oh, and one more thing: every boxed copy of Shovel Knight will include a lavish instruction booklet similar to the Kickstarter reward. No 2-page inserts here! You deserve a full manual, to hold in your hot little shaking hands and pore over as you wait to get home!
This game is said to be one of the best out there so if you have yet to pick up the title, this seems like a pretty great deal.
Here is a new list that shows Japan’s most wanted games. Leading the pack are a number of great looking RPG’s followed by a barrage of Playstation titles. Check out the full list and see what Japanese gamers are clamoring for:
1. [3DS] Dragon Quest VIII – 766 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV – 754 votes
3. [PS3] Persona 5 – 648 votes
4. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu – 498 votes
5. [PS3] Persona 5 – 480 votes
6. [PS4] Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain – 477 votes
7. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 454 votes
8. [3DS] Monster Hunter X – 393 votes
9. [PSV] Kan Kolle Kai – 371 votes
10. [3DS] Super Robot Wars BX – 329 votes
11. [3DS] The Great Ace Attorney – 305 votes
12. [PS4] Street Fighter V – 277 votes
13. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II – 260 votes
14. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda – 258 votes
15. [PS4] Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness – 188 votes
Here are the best selling titles in Japan for May 2015. Nintendo seemed to have a great month as they have taken the top spots on the list. Check out the rest of the list below and let us know what you guys think:
1. [3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition – 265,599 (259,460 physical, 6,139 digital)
2. [3DS] Bravely Second – 160,268 (145,736 physical, 14,532 digital)
3. [WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X – 129,501 (106,696 physical, 22,805 digital)
4. [WIU] Dragon Quest X: Lore of the Ancient Dragon – 105,717 (105,717 physical, N/A digital)
5. [WII] Dragon Quest X: Lore of the Ancient Dragon – 91,422 (91,422 physical, N/A digital)
6. [3DS] Girls Mode 3 – 89,535 (86,838 physical, 2,697 digital)
7. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 78,808 (67,458 physical, 11,350 digital)
8. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition – 73,831 (62,893 physical, 10,938 digital)
9. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 – 32,737 (31,184 physical, 1,553 digital)
10. [PS3] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend – 31,546 (29,749 physical, 1,797 digital)
11. [PS4] Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II – 30,126 (27,956 physical, 2,170 digital)
12. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 2: Shinuchi – 28,982 (28,064 physical, 918 digital)
13. [PS4] Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – 27,562 (24,037 physical, 3,535 digital)
14. [PS4] Tropico 5 – 27,540 (17,340 physical, 10,200 digital)
15. [WIU] Mario Party 10 – 27,029 (26,023 physical, 1,006 digital)
16. [PS4] Dying Light – 26,886 (22,684 physical, 4,202 digital)
17. [3DS] Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 25,295 (23,277 physical, 2,018 digital)
18. [3DS] Theatrhythm Dragon Quest – 23,025 (22,223 physical, 802 digital)
19. [3DS] Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 22,555 (21,550 physical, 1,005 digital)
20. [3DS] Assassination Classroom: Grand Siege on Kurosensei – 20,605 (18,997 physical, 1,608 digital)
21. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal – 19,660 (18,209 physical, 1,451 digital)
22. [PS3] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 – 18,093 (17,406 physical, 687 digital)
23. [PSV] Saekano -blessing flowers- – 16,420 (15,036 physical, 1,384 digital)
24. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 15,665 (14,873 physical, 792 digital)
25. [PS4] BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend – 15,431 (14,082 physical, 1,349 digital)
26. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song – 15,303 (13,076 physical, 2,227 digital)
27. [PS3] Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – 14,570 (N/A physical, 14,570 digital)
28. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – 14,498 (10,308 physical, 4,190 digital)
29. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2015 – 14,088 (13,764 physical, 324 digital)
30. [PS4] Bloodborne – 13,939 (11,588 physical, 2,351 digital)
The Xbox Games With Gold for July titles have been revealed and they are pretty good if you ask us. I don’t care if these games are a bit on the older side, it’s nice to see some great classic games appear on this promotion (I’m looking at you Gears of War 3). Although I still own this, maybe a lot of gamers have traded the title in and want to revisit the series one more time. Also, the XBOX One seems to have a decent offering as well treating gamers to Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag.
Do any of these titles catch your fancy?
Here are the latest Japanese hardware sales for last week. Nintendo has to be pleased with its performance as of late as the 3DS and Wii U sit on top of the charts for the 3rd week in a row. Splatoon has been a hit worldwide and has helped the struggling system for the past couple of weeks in Japan.
Check out the rest of the numbers below:
3DS – 24.064
Wii U – 14.616
PS4 – 13.850
PS Vita – 12.288
PS3 – 2.819
Xbone – 201
This just in, the recently announced Fallout 4 will be 1080P and 30 FPS on both XBOX One and PS4. Typically the PS4 seemed to have an easier time reaching 1080P 60FPS but it has been announced that Fallout 4 will run at 30FPS. We are certain that the game is going to be something special and we look forward to seeing it later this year. 2015 is going to have a great Holiday season and we were shocked that this one is coming this year.
Will you be pre-ordering the game?
Here is the official launch trailer for one of the year’s most anticipated titles, Batman: Arkham Knight. The game has already been receiving fantastic reviews and is rumored to be the last Batman game from Rocksteady. The game sure does look outstanding and we are eager to see how it does once the dust settles. Enjoy the launch trailer and let us know if you’re ready to be the Batman.
Batman: Arkham Knight will be available for PS4, XBOX One and PC on June 23rd.
Here is the colorful Kingdom Hearts III trailer that was shown during Square’s E3 2015 press conference. I LOVE all the beautiful colors that the world exudes and it looks glorious in HD. Although Kingdom Hearts III does not have a release date as of this writing, things seem to be shaping up quite nicely for the game so we hope to play it sometime next year.
Kingdom Hearts III is headed to PS4 and XBOX One.
One of my most anticipated games, The Division, has finally received a release date. The release date for Ubisoft’s shooter is March 8, 2016. The game has been making a big splash already at E3 2015 and it only has just begun. The Division looks to take these current generation systems to new heights and we can’t wait to see what’s in store. Microsoft has announced earlier today that The Division will also be in beta late this year for XBOX One.