Japanese publication Famitsu has produced another list of their most wanted games and you can check them out below. The RPG-heavy list pretty much consists of all titles that will have gamers busy for hours with its engaging story line and outstanding gameplay. I see a number of titles I want on the list, do you?
Check out Japan’s most wanted games below:
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV – 853 votes
2. [PS4] Persona 5 – 734 votes
3. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 602 votes
4. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI – 557 votes
5. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI – 506 votes
6. [PS4] Dragon Quest Heroes II – 432 votes
7. [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 – 339 votes
8. [3Ds] Pokemon Sun/Moon – 311 votes
9. [PS4] Tales of Berseria – 285 votes
10. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey V – 282 votes
11. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3 – 254 votes
12. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 220 votes
13. [PS4] Yakuza 6 – 178 votes
14. [PS3] Persona 5 – 170 votes
15. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda – 161 votes
A slew of new updates have surfaced regarding Yooka-Laylee and the good people over at GoNintendo broke it all down. Check out all the new details regarding the platform below. I think this game sounds pretty exciting and I am always eager to hear more. Platforming titles will always have a special place in my heart so it’s nice to see another one headed our way.
Check out the new details below:
– scale and level of detail has been greatly increased
– characters will speak in gibberish as they did in Banjo-Kazooie
– Chris Sutherland and composer Grant Kirkhope worked on this aspect
– the pair “spent a lot of time trying to figure out the timing and iterating regularly until it sounded just right.”
– Ghosts can be found in each world; one hides, another attacks you, and a more elusive spirit requires you to chase and catch it
– 200 quills scattered across the world, spread across race circuits and along vast, undulating minecart tracks
– Tokens unlock the eight multiplayer arcade games hosted by Rextro, which can be found in the main menu and support up to 4 players
– Tonics: RPG-style modifiers that also act as in-game accomplishments; ex: reduce power consumption of Yooka’s role, which could be attached to something like killing 100 enemies
– There’s a pickup which triggers a transformation exclusive to that particular world
– use a Splash Berry to feed a raincloud, which will in turn generate a waterfall that fills a dry riverbed
– this will open up new areas
– choose a Frost Berry instead, and the river will freeze over, giving you access to a harder race across a slippery surface
– you can move onto the next area once you’ve collected enough Pagies
– you can also spend them on expanding the environment
– for example, spend Pagies on a towering monument that dwarfs what was there before
– this will also open up activities that are more difficult platforming sections
– Regain health by collecting butterflies
– Refill the power meter by eating butterflies
– New Game+ mode will be included where all moves are unlocked from the beginning
– Spend Quills to extend Yooka and Laylee’s move sets; ex: sonar shot for Laylee which fires translucent waves and triggers invisible platforms to reach a previously inaccessible temple area
– When you unlock a new world, Trowzer will give you a new power as a way of thanking you for letting him expand his business
– Challenges won’t be repeated across the different worlds; the team wants to constantly surprise players
– The challenge ramps up in the second world, which has a wintry theme
Want to watch an all new trailer for Mighty No. 9? Well watch away as an all new trailer has arrived! Mighty No. 9 is a side-scrolling action game that takes the best elements from 8- and 16-bit classics you know and love and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics and fan input into something fresh and amazing!
Mighty No. 9 is set to arrive on June 21st for PS4, XBOX One and Wii U. Count me in!
To say that I have been impressed with the Overwatch Animated shorts would be a HUGE understatement! I think they are masterfully done and I cannot wait to see more. Today’s animated short for the game Overwatch is entitled Hero so be sure to watch it above. This animated short is 6 glorious minutes long so enjoy it now.
Overwatch is set to release on May 24 on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One.
We all knew that Overwatch had an impressive beta run but this infographic really demonstrates some interesting numbers. Apparently the beta version of the upcoming shooter was played for over 4.9 BILLION minutes by gamers across all platforms. Blizzard has to be happy with these numbers and should enjoy a “healthy” release this Monday.
Overwatch is headed to retail next week and I couldn’t be more excited. Count us in Blizzard!
If you are a fan of the Overwatch animated shorts, mark your calendars for May 22nd as that is the date that the new short will premier. These animated shorts have been quite a highlight for the game and I hope they continue for a while. As always, we will post the Overwatch animated short when it premiers in a couple of days, so keep it here.
Overwatch the video game is set to release on May 25th. Count us in.
The good people at “>Playstation Underground are featuring Overwatch, the upcoming team based shooter for PS4, XBOX One and PC. When the beta was released, over 9 million people enjoyed it (including yours truly) so we expect big sales numbers when it releases on May 25th. Check out the video and let us know if Overwatch is on your gaming watch list.
Here is an all new Overwatch animated short for your viewing pleasure. This animated short is entitled “Dragons” and is 7 glorious minutes. “Dragons” explores the history of conflict between the scions of the Shimada clan: Hanzo and Genji. In this episode, we follow Hanzo as he returns to the siblings’ family home in Hanamura once again to seek redemption . . . only this time, he finds himself confronted by the ghosts of the past.
I really hope Blizzard continues the lore of this upcoming game as I have enjoyed them a lot! Check it out and get ready for the games release.