Sony has announced its detailed plans for the upcoming E3 2016 conference. Gamers from around America and Canada can watch the live press conference in full HD on the big screen as over 80 movie theaters will be showcasing what Sony will be showing during E3 2016. The PlayStation E3 Experience will feature an HD simulcast of the PlayStation E3 Press Conference, packed with announcements on the future of gaming. Attendees will go home with special PlayStation items, including a commemorative Coca-Cola E3 Experience 2016 cup, #37 from the PlayStation Collectable Card series, and a digital gift basket with exclusive items.
I may actually check this out… Anyone else planning on doing so?
A slew of new updates have surfaced regarding Yooka-Laylee and the good people over at GoNintendo broke it all down. Check out all the new details regarding the platform below. I think this game sounds pretty exciting and I am always eager to hear more. Platforming titles will always have a special place in my heart so it’s nice to see another one headed our way.
Check out the new details below:
– scale and level of detail has been greatly increased
– characters will speak in gibberish as they did in Banjo-Kazooie
– Chris Sutherland and composer Grant Kirkhope worked on this aspect
– the pair “spent a lot of time trying to figure out the timing and iterating regularly until it sounded just right.”
– Ghosts can be found in each world; one hides, another attacks you, and a more elusive spirit requires you to chase and catch it
– 200 quills scattered across the world, spread across race circuits and along vast, undulating minecart tracks
– Tokens unlock the eight multiplayer arcade games hosted by Rextro, which can be found in the main menu and support up to 4 players
– Tonics: RPG-style modifiers that also act as in-game accomplishments; ex: reduce power consumption of Yooka’s role, which could be attached to something like killing 100 enemies
– There’s a pickup which triggers a transformation exclusive to that particular world
– use a Splash Berry to feed a raincloud, which will in turn generate a waterfall that fills a dry riverbed
– this will open up new areas
– choose a Frost Berry instead, and the river will freeze over, giving you access to a harder race across a slippery surface
– you can move onto the next area once you’ve collected enough Pagies
– you can also spend them on expanding the environment
– for example, spend Pagies on a towering monument that dwarfs what was there before
– this will also open up activities that are more difficult platforming sections
– Regain health by collecting butterflies
– Refill the power meter by eating butterflies
– New Game+ mode will be included where all moves are unlocked from the beginning
– Spend Quills to extend Yooka and Laylee’s move sets; ex: sonar shot for Laylee which fires translucent waves and triggers invisible platforms to reach a previously inaccessible temple area
– When you unlock a new world, Trowzer will give you a new power as a way of thanking you for letting him expand his business
– Challenges won’t be repeated across the different worlds; the team wants to constantly surprise players
– The challenge ramps up in the second world, which has a wintry theme
In case you missed the news, No Man’s Sky has been officially delayed. The game, which was supposed to be released in June, will now hit store shelves in August. Here is a quote coming from the PS Blog:
Hello, Sean Murray from Hello Games here, working extremely hard on our game, No Man’s Sky.
The game really has come together, and it’s such an incredible relief. As we sit an play it now, and as I watch playtesters every day, I can finally let myself get excited. We’re actually doing this.
However, as we approached our final deadlines, we realized that some key moments needed extra polish to bring them up to our standards. I have had to make the tough choice to delay the game for a few weeks to allow us to deliver something special.
After a short delay, No Man’s Sky will launch in North America on August 9, in Europe August 10, and in the UK August 12.
We understand that this news is disappointing. Making this game is the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life, but we are so close now, and we’re prepared to make the tough choices to get it right.
The universe of No Man’s Sky is incredibly vast. More than you can imagine. This is a type of game that hasn’t been attempted before, by a smaller team than anyone would expect, under an intense amount of expectation.
And despite all of that, development is genuinely going well. This is the hardest working, most talented team I’ve ever worked with, and I’m so proud of what we’re doing. For all our sakes though, we get one shot to make this game and we can’t mess it up.
To the loyal community who’s stuck by our side since the unveiling of No Man’s Sky years ago, we hope you’ll accept our sincere apology and I am humbly asking that you’ll still look forward to exploring our universe despite the slight delay.
Thank you so much,
Disappointing news to say the least BUT we think the extra time will do the game good. No Man’s Sky is EXTREMELY ambitious so we won’t mind waiting a bit longer…
Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest Builders will arrive in North America in October 2016 on PS4 and PSV. In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the Dragon Quest franchise, Square will be dropping this interesting spin on the series this fall.
Dragon Quest Builders is a building adventure where players use their creativity to gather and combine a variety of unique tools and materials in order to rebuild Alefgard, a realm destroyed by the menacing ruler of the monsters, the Dragonlord.
We think it looks pretty interesting… What do you guys think?
Want to watch an all new trailer for Mighty No. 9? Well watch away as an all new trailer has arrived! Mighty No. 9 is a side-scrolling action game that takes the best elements from 8- and 16-bit classics you know and love and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics and fan input into something fresh and amazing!
Mighty No. 9 is set to arrive on June 21st for PS4, XBOX One and Wii U. Count me in!
The often delayed and hotly anticipated video game, The Last Guardian, will grace the cover the upcoming edition of Edge magazine. The Last Guardian, which is a PS4 exclusive, has made giant splashes ever since it was announced and it’s looking more and more likely that it will see the light of day THIS YEAR. We fully expect to hear more about the game next month during E3 2016, so stay tuned for more information regarding the game.
Check it out and let us know if The Last Guardian catches your fancy.
Uncharted 4 for PS4 has already sold more than 2.7 MILLION units. The PS4 exclusive has taken the world by storm and has become one of the best video games this generation. We are putting the finishing touches on our official review, so be sure to come back and give it a read. 2.7 million units have been sold and Uncharted 4 has only been out for one whole week. Congrats to the INSANE team over at Naughty Dog!
Click here and check out my official unboxing for Uncharted’s special edition.
Dreams for PS4 is one of those “projects/games” I just can’t seem to get enough of. It’s ambitious, it’s out there and it’s very interesting. Here is an all new video showcasing the game entitled “sculpting anatomy”. Art Director Kareem and professional Dreams-er Anton M are back on the Mm sofa to share some of their secrets for sculpting anatomical bipeds – including the fact the Kareem is an ex body builder…!
I know this game/project has caught my attention and I can’t wait to see more. What do you guys think?
Also- do you think the game will come packaged with the 2 “wands”?
To say that I have been impressed with the Overwatch Animated shorts would be a HUGE understatement! I think they are masterfully done and I cannot wait to see more. Today’s animated short for the game Overwatch is entitled Hero so be sure to watch it above. This animated short is 6 glorious minutes long so enjoy it now.
Overwatch is set to release on May 24 on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One.