Hudson has just released a brand new trailer for their upcoming WiiWare title Snowboard Riot and it looks pretty decent. The title will feature an online ranking system and is being described as a Mario Kart on snowboards.
Check out the trailer above and let us know what you think.
I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief; EA has officially announced that there is a sequel headed our way for the amazing Wii oiriginal IP, Boom Blox.
The sequel will be titled Boom Blox Bash Party will feature more of an emphasis on multiplayer (hence the name “Boom Blox Bash Party).
If you follow gameonnintendo you will know by now our enfatuation with the title and am now filled with glee. If you haven’t purcahsed the first one at least give it a rent; you’ll thank me later.
*UPDATE: Here are some details on this much deserving sequel:
– Sequel was born almost immediately after the first Boom Blox was done with development – Producer Amir Rahimi: “There was so much enthusiasm and rolling into new ideas that I could hardly stop them from doing a sequel.”
– Bash Party is similar to the first game
– Wii exclusive
– Can share levels online
– Does not use friend codes – download + upload levels through EA’s servers
– Download, rate, remix, upload levels – “With the push of one button, you can send [a level you create] to EA and we will broadcast it to the world”
– Slingshot effect – Use Wiimote to grab object on screen, pull it back, let it go and it will fly
– Shooting “has taken a backseat in the sequel”
– Head-tracking not in Bash Party
– No MotionPlus support – dev team didn’t receive it in time to use it
– 400 new levels (none recycled from first game)
– New environments (space and underwater)
– New block shapes (cylinders and ramps)
– Integration of first game’s characters as blocks themselves
– No plans for a Boom Blox movie
The Mario and Luigi series will always hold a special place within my heart container and I cannot wait to play this amazing tile on my DS. Enjoy the new trailer.
*UPDATE* You can also find the official site for this game here.
Well it’s about time! It’s time for all of us to breathe a sigh of relief as Square Enix just released a brand new trailer for FFCCTCB. Long title, promising looking Wii game. I am very pleased to see this new trailer and I am thrilled that this title will see the light of day.
The good guys over at Joystiq had the following to say about this years GDC:
Nintendo President Satoru Iwata will be putting his oratorical skills to the test, delivering a keynote entitled “Discovering New Development Opportunities” at this year’s Game Developers Conference. There are no other details provided, and trying to discern any surprise announcements based on that speech title is pretty much a fruitless endeavor.
Iwata last gave a GDC keynote in 2006, when he showed Brain Age and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. Company man Miyamoto gave the 2007 speech and revealed … the Everybody Votes Channel. As for last year, the House of Mario’s presence was limited to a handful of sessions. Get your bingo cards ready, Iwata’s keynote is set for Monday, March 25 at 9 a.m. PST (that’s noon, Joystiq Standard Time).
I have really high hopes for this show. As always, we will have immaculate coverage of the show and we will be keeping our ear to the ground for any new news. What would you like to see at the show?
I do have to say that I applaud Sega for their efforts as of late for Wii owners and I pray that we reward their hard efforts with our gaming dollars. Thank you Sega. I will be purchasing 90% of your titles (I’m still on the fence about House of the Dead: Overkill….I have 3 kids)…
Quick Update: March 24th seems to be the date ladies and gentlemen for Square-Enix’s FFEOT title for Nintendo Wii. The game is exactly the same for Wii and DS and is rumored to come packaged with a new trailer of the “other” Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles title for Wii.
Here’s hoping that this game will be decent.
Below is what you can download for Rock Band 2 on Nintendo Wii. Man I wish I had some more money because I want this game so bad! Here is the list rockstars:
Smashing Pumpkins – Siva
The Cars – Just What I Needed
Lynyrd Skynyrd – Gimme Three Steps
Red Hot Chili Peppers – Tell Me Baby
Oasis – Live Forever
30 Seconds to Mars – Attack
Toribash is officially coming to WiiWare. The game that started off as an addicitve flash title will be seeing new life on the Wii in the near future. Click here and check out an online demo and let us know what you think.
Interesting to say the least…