And the video game news just keeps coming my friends… Today it was revealed that Hyrule Warriors, the popular Wii U game, is now headed to the Nintendo 3DS. Color us surprised at this announcement guys and gals. What’s also pretty sweet is that the game is not just the same game too; it offers a variety of new, playable characters such as Tetra and the King of Red Lions from Wind Waker.
Sounds pretty cool indeed. Check out the first trailer for Hyrule Warriors on 3DS and let us know what you think.
Capcom has announced that they are making an all new, colorful Monster Hunter title called Monster Hunter: Stories. Monster Hunter: Stories is headed to the Nintendo 3DS sometime in 2016. The game looks pretty sweet in this opening trailer and the franchise has found a great home in the Nintendo 3DS.
Enjoy this Monster Hunter: Stories trailer everyone.
Curve Digital has announced that their upcoming Wii U eShop title, OlliOlli, will be a cross-buy game. That means that if gamers purchase the Wii U version they will get the Nintendo 3DS version for free and vice versa. Great news and huge props to Curve Digital.
It has been announced that Nintendo was #1 publisher, with almost 4.5m games sold in 2014, for its second year in a row. Here are some highlights from Nintendo’s standout year:
– in the Top 20 for 2014, 8 games are from Nintendo
– Pokémon OR/AS was their #1 games with over 476k sold.
– Tomodachi Life is at 439k on Dec. 31st, over 450k right now (quite popular with children and young girls)
– Smash Bros. 3DS is at 279k (good word of mouth)
– Wii U is at over 510k, #2 behind PS4 but still better than XB1 (roughly 430k iirc). That’s below their expectation (~550k by the end of 2014).
– Smash Bros + Wii U bundle accounted for 1/3 of Nintendo’s total HW sales during the last 2 weeks of the year.
– Wii U is +40% YoY.
– 240k Wii U sold in 2014
– Mario Kart 8 sold 346k
– amiibo at 200k
– 20k amiibo sold last week. Right now, most people buying them do so for collecting. So this year, they’re gonna emphasize the use in games.
– MM3D N3DS already out of stock
– betting big on MH, which usually sells 100k/game.
According to Nintendo Australia, the newly announced Fire Emblem title for Nintendo 3DS will be released later this year. The image above stems from a news letter that was circulating Nintendo of Australia and clearly states that the new Fire Emblem is releasing in 2015. Although no specific release date has been given, we fully expect the game come Holiday.
As many of you already know, The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask will be making a triumphant return to Nintendo 3DS next month. There are a number of improvements
for the highly sought after title and you can check out a comprehensive list below:
– reworked environments with new props and decorations placed around
– improved character models with smoother animations at 60 FPS
– up to three save files on a single copy of the game
– owl statues no longer need to be activated by striking them with a sword
– Sheikah Stones return and provide video hints
– Pictobox has its own icon on the touchscreen for taking multiple pictures
– fishing hole locations: one near the Shooting Gallery outside the Southern Swamp and the other in the Great Bay
– free fishing with a Fishing Hole Pass, redeemable for a single use
– choice between a standard fishing rod and a rod with a Sinking Lure
– Garo’s Mask now looks like the Garo Master’s mask
– with the Giant Mask, Link can now swing Twinmold around by its tail and smash it into the ground
– Deku Link can now shoot fully charged bubbles in a straight path
– strange eyes behind the boss’ masks are now the weak points of the bosses when they are stunned
– these look like the eyes on Majora’s Mask
Square Enix has just announced that a demo for Bravely Second is coming soon. Gamers who head over to the Bravely Second’s official website, the game confirms that the demo will arrive on December 10 for Japan. RPG fans fell in love with the first Bravely title so it comes as no surprise that we will be seeing a sequel.
During today’s Nintendo Direct, the company has announced that Majora’s Mask is headed to the Nintendo 3DS. The title was highly rumored to be headed to the handheld but was confirmed today. The Legend of Zelda Majora’s Mask will release in Spring 2015.
Nintendo Japan confirmed during today’s Nintendo Direct that Bravely Second will be released this winter on the Nintendo 3DS in Japan. No Word on a Western release date but given how well the original title was received, it will only be a matter of time.
Check out the trailer above and let us know what you think!
Here is an incredible, all new Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate trailer for your viewing pleasure. The popular series is headed to the Nintendo 3DS and looks outstanding. Monster Hunter has been a very popular franchise both in Japan and now in the West so this will give the 3DS another great addition to its library.
Check out the all new Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate trailer and let me know what you think.